Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

Today, Asia bore witness to one of the longest lasting total solar eclipses the world has seen in quite some time.

Astronomers predicted it would last a full six minutes, a rarity to see. Some US news stations are referring to how the eclipse is going to produce panic with the uneducated poor in some Asian countries, and even more panic with those who believe the world is going to end in 2012. The US media is really starting to annoy me. I think it is the media that causes more panic than anything else.

Unfortunately, South Korea only witnessed a partial eclipse, of which I managed to pop my camera out the window at my school and get some decent pictures of the moon passing by.



The moon starting to pass by.

Close up where you can see the moon (in pink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counters