Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Bouncing Around The Room"

Well, I've spent my first solid week in the Geumjeong Middle School's new English room!

Also, we are getting a new teacher from New York named Lauren soon (probably by next week), so we are going to alternate weeks working (and basically living) in the new room. Should be interesting!

The new room has a really nice, has a CREAboard (similar to a SMARTboard), and I'm just getting slightly more comfortable with the advanced technology. It's pretty cool, but at times it also causes me some headaches. Also, I don't know its advanced functions so I am not yet able to work with its full potential. I'll get better at it......I'm sure.



Here are some photos from around the room. They can also be found here.

The main entrance (and the bizarre phrasing above)



The Giving Tree



A panoramic of the front of the classroom



In the rear of the classroom there is a media center, complete with a Digital English library that I don't think they will ever use.



The computer cubby.



The world map behind the computer cubby.
Note: Here are the following errors on this map:. Vancouver is in Terrace, BC, L.A. is in Stockton, CA, Chicago is in Duluth, MN, Washington DC is in Richmond, VA, NYC is in Mansfield, OH (and judging by the star it is the Capital of America), Ottawa is in Toronto, and Toronto is somewhere near Chapais, Quebec. Wow....



Can you spot the mistake that I corrected 3 times, yet they still printed wrong?



My part-time office



Some English "Proverbs"
I didn't know we had 'proverbs'. I also didn't think many of these were clear, or even relevant (especially the first one). 
If you put that up in a public school in the U.S. you'd have a lawsuit on your hands.




Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counters