Monday, November 30, 2009

"Margaritaville"

I did a lot of relaxing this weekend. I saw a lot of movies, caught up on a lot of sleep, and ate waaaaay too much food.

Sunday night, Hwayoung and I ventured out in the cold rain. She wanted something exotic for dinner - and we decided on Mexican. (Ok, so it's not exotic for me). It was a funny choice because I had been craving Mexican food for a while, and on Thanksgiving held a pot-luck in which I made......(I'll let you guess)....Mexican food!



I had heard that there were O.T.B's (On the Border) in a couple places in Seoul. We decided to go to the one in Sinchon, where I was surprised at the prices ($20 for 2 tacos!!) However, it was a treat - especially for me. I had realized that my pants were getting really loose, and I had to notch another hole in my belts. I weighed myself earlier that afternoon, and had to take a double-take as I looked at the scale. I had never seen it that low since I was probably an 8th grader. (I had to look another time because I thought it might have weighed me in kilograms). Apparently I have lost about 20lbs since my arrival 6 months ago. Needless to say I was pretty darn happy. Happier still was when I changed the scale over to kilograms and I was no longer dealing with triple digits.

As this trip to O.T.B.'s would be a good way to celebrate (and add on to those missing pounds). The food was pretty darn good. They served very large portions - especially for Korea, refilled nachos about 3 times, our waitstaff was excellent. We ordered 2 steak tacos and 2 grilled chicken fajitas, and enjoyed a couple margarita's (which were awesome).



Hwayoung and I agreed that some of the food tasted very greasy. I've gotten accustomed to lacking much butter, fat, and sugar in my foods living here, that Western food is starting to make me feel sick after eating it....and sometimes just seeing it.

like this...

IHOP Who-Cakes
Inspired by Horton Hears a Who! : A stack of five pancakes drenched in boysenberry and blueberry syrup, covered in rainbow-colored chocolate candy and topped with a pink Dum-Dum lollipop. 
(Submitted by Katie Bailey)

IHOP Who-Cakes
Inspired by Horton Hears a Who! : A stack of five pancakes drenched in boysenberry and blueberry syrup, covered in rainbow-colored chocolate candy and topped with a pink Dum-Dum lollipop.

or this...

KFC Double Down Sandwich
Two pieces of bacon and two slices of cheese smothered with the Colonel’s Sauce with two fried chicken patties as buns.
(via foodgeekery)
KFC Double Down Sandwich
Two pieces of bacon and two slices of cheese smothered with the Colonel’s Sauce with two fried chicken patties as buns.

or even this...


http://www.insidesocal.com/archives/tabletalk/jimmydean.jpg

      ugh, now I feel sick...    


On a side note: I'm excited that this is my last full week of classes before winter break! Next week I only have classes on Monday and Tuesday, the remaining weeks of December I have at least one day (sometimes two) without classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counters