Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Friends In Low Places"

This weekend I met Hwayoung and her friend Minyoung in Apgujeong-dong (the Beverly Hills of Seoul). Minyoung was getting her cell phone repaired at one of Samsung's many service and repair centers. We dropped in on her so she wouldn't be bored while she was waiting. I could only wish Verizon stores back home had this kind of service.

http://www.moldex3d.com/jla/en/images/stories/Success/Samsung/samsung-logo.jpg



Yes, that is a food massager, and a large plasma screen entertainment center. If that's not enough, they also have computers with internet access set up for you to use.

http://www.mtviggy.com/uploads/5373/CurleyStyle01.jpg

After Minyoung's phone was fixed, we did a little window shopping in the streets of Apgujeong mainly at the Galleria. This is a really rich area, where there are tons of big name fashion brands. Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Armani, etc. There are a plethora of nice restaurants that I can't afford an appetizer at, plastic surgeons on every corner, and they even have a street named Rodeo Drive. I saw women walking around in fur coats, and basically everyone besides me looked as though they stepped out of a fashion magazine. Next time I go, I'm wearing a tux.

http://dcfud.smorgasblog.com/userimages/Cheesecake.gif

 We were going to watch a free movie at CGV, but it turned out it was a Chinese movie without English subtitles. Instead we went to Cold Stone Creamery and enjoyed some yummy ice cream (the cheesecake ones are amazing). I have realized that I am not used to eating much foods with sugar in them any more, and everything now tastes sweeter to me. It's amazing how my taste buds have changed in the last 5+ months. Foods I thought were really spicy I have become accustomed to, and salty foods taste even more so now. Weird.


http://sixtofive1982.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/200905241430294400474-2-112475.jpg

 Last night was my friend (and neighbor) Marcus' birthday. A bunch of us went to Pizza Hut and ate Sweet Potato and Pepperoni pizzas. I can't compare Pizza Hut to the ones back home because I think the last time I was at one I was maybe 10 years old. I have a thing against most chain restaurants, especially fast food ones, but the pizza wasn't too shabby there! Afterward, we hit up a couple bars to finish off the night. Good food + good drinks + good people = a good night! CHECK OUT THE PICS!











Happy Birthday Marcus!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counters