Thursday, April 1, 2010

"What Kind of Fool Am I?"



오늘은 만우절!

(O-nul un manojul!)

Translated: Today is April Fool's Day!

Korean children do celebrate April Fool's Day, (만우절) - or simply put: Liar day.
One of my co-teachers warned me beforehand that my students may try to play a prank on me. I was surprised because they were relatively tame. Only a handful of kids tried anything. I had a couple of students try the classic: What's on your shirt? look-down-boinks-nose bit. It doesn't work on me because: 1. I'm not 8 years old, and B. It's the oldest, lamest prank in the book.

Which is why I wasn't surprised when some students tried this highly original gem: "Teacher!....pants zipper!...down!"

They, on the other hand, were surprised when I had a PowerPoint slide on the board that said:

TEST DAY!

Did you remember to study?


I told them some crap about how I informed them last class to study for a test. They were worried and asked how difficult and how many questions it would be.

April Fool's suckers!

Some of the 3rd grade boys played a good little prank. They stole some of the classroom number signs that hang above the doorways and switched them around with other classrooms in the building. This would have confused the hell out of me as I don't remember where all the rooms are still. Neither did some of the Korean teachers - especially the new ones, so it caused a little confusion

The school's janitor wasn't happy about it. When he discovered who one of the students was, he apparently hit him in the face and gave him a bloody nose. They sent the poor boy to the hospital because he kept bleeding.

Also, some boys played some more pranks on each other and they started horsing around that 2 more boys got hurt.

I'm serious.



.....or am I?


No, I really am. Sad but true.


I'm pretty sure this is staged, but maybe you'll still enjoy it:

Korean Girls Creepy Synchronized Disobedience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counters