Monday, April 26, 2010

"Spring, Spring, Spring"

Me: Hey Spring, how's it going?
Spring: Not too bad. How about you?
Me: I'm good. Dude, where have you been?
Spring: Well, I was caught up in the States for a little while wreaking havoc with summer-like days, preceded by historic flooding.
Me: You jerk! Well it's good to have you here, it's been awfully cold here. We haven't been able to get out much and enjoy the weather.
Spring: Sorry bro, I made it as fast as I could.
Me: Ok, Ok...I'm just glad you're finally here. Let's have some fun!


Now that spring is here, I can finally get out of my apartment and start enjoying the outdoors! Last week's cherry blossom festival was nice, but still a bit cold. I've been wearing a winter jacket everywhere!

This weekend was pretty fun though, and we've made a lot of plans for most of the next few months.

On Friday I attended my friend Ashley's 23rd birthday at T.G.I.Friday's in Bucheon. She likes to make me feel old, as some of us in the older crowd were making fun that the Challenger explosion happened before she was born. To which she replied. "What's the Challenger?" (insert face-palm here)


Saturday, Hwayoung and I explored more of Boramae Park - the huge park near here apartment which we often go to. (see my October post here) We've picniced there, played badminton, and walked the track. This weekend we climbed nearby hills that were covered in cherry blossom petals which also closely resemble a light pink snowfall. I was also surprised at how large the park really was. There are multiple community centers; one for young children, one for teenagers, and one for seniors. They also have a small reading room building that was packed with people studying, and are building a new library next to it. A handful of gutted planes and helicopters are also propped up as a small aeronautical museum, as the property used to be an air force base from 1958 to 1985.

Sunday we caught an afternoon movie in Sindorim. We chose "Kick Ass" which I must say was disturbingly violent and only mediocre in it's comedy. It's definitely a 16-24 year old's kind of movie. But I couldn't help but laugh at how absurd it was at times.

After the movie we walked by a small outdoor theater which was rehearsing for a ComiCon style talent show. It was bizzare and corny, so we left.


 


Our plan for the day was to meet up with our friends Min-young and Song-un, as Song-un and I wanted to get together to see a baseball game. Song-un's favorite team is the Hanwha Eagles based out of Daejeon, and seeing as I have no affiliation or support towards any team besides by beloved Red Sox, I had to root for them as well! The Eagles were the away team, as they were playing in Jamsil (home to the LG Twins and Doosan Bears).




It was a fast game, as there was only about 10 hits in the entire game. The Twins scored 3 runs in the 7th or 8th inning, and the game was pretty much over. I must be bad luck.

 
 

Next weekend we're planning on going to The Jeonju International Film Festival. Hwayoung used to work as a film director and producer after college, and still has connections with some people in the business. We also plan on visiting a folk village. Stay tuned for more next week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your black and white shirt bro

NicKorea said...

Thanks! It was my Christmas gift from HY.

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counters