Monday, August 17, 2009

"Teach Your Children"

Many occupations exist out of pure necessity. Jobs like doctors, scientists, and farmers have, and always will exist. Thankfully, in Korea, teaching English (as well as proof reading) is still needed - as proven by LOTTE (one of many Korean conglomerates).


Recently an advertisement put up at a Lotte Department Store in Jeonju has gotten attention on the internet. The store intended to write not “Bitch” but “Beach”.

Also...

When I started teaching, I was told about a movie named "Our School E.T." that was supposed to be very good and explained a lot about Korean culture, teaching, students, and the school systems (at least those in the rich Gangnam area). I finally found it on YouTube, and I have to say - it is one of the better movies I have seen in a while. It's funny and heart-warming at the same time. Enjoy!

NOTE: This is Part 1 of 12 - you'll have to go on YouTube and click the subsequent links that follow, as I'm not going to post all 12 parts here. But here is the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counters