Friday, August 14, 2009

"Zoo Station"

As my short vacation has officially started, I awoke early and took the train to Gwacheon (Seoul Grand Park). From what I've seen online, it looked like a relatively small place. Boy was I wrong! This place was huge! It not only incorporates a ginormous zoo, but also has a botanical garden, National Museum of Modern Art, Seoul-land Amusement Park, and probably more.

I decided to only go to the zoo and museum for now, as it was scorching hot (I have a lovely sunburn now). I'm not a big fan of amusement parks anyways, and I figured it would just be a ton of kids and lines. I didn't bother taking the available tram (which was only about 50 cents) and decided to walk, as on the map, the place doesn't look that large. Wrong again - as it was about a mile from the subway stop exit to the zoo entrance. Thankfully I had bought a liter of Gatorade to get me through the day!


I was able to get some nice photos around the zoo, and even splurged ($2) to see the Dolphin and Seal show. It lasted only about 15 minutes, but was cute and entertaining. Below is a video of the highlights of the show as well some photos and a link to more zoo photos.











Here are a couple of shots from the Museum of Modern Art (at the same link as above):





No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counters