Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Last Goodbye"

My 3rd graders (middle school) have officially graduated as the 15th graduating class of Geumjeong Middle School. I can safely say they were by far my best (and only) Korean 3rd graders I have ever taught.

Before I left for work, I told myself "don't forget your camera". And what did I do? So I apologize for the lousy shot I took from my cell phone. I wish I had remembered the camera as they looked so happy to leave and move on to their respective high schools. A bunch wanted to take photos with me. Like most teachers, I am somewhat of a celebrity. Parents were pressuring their kids to talk to me, and take a photo with me. Maybe next year I should charge them per photo.

Since I mainly teach 3rd grade, and my office is on a floor with only 3rd grade, I'm kind of sad that I won't see some of these kids again. There were some really smart, outgoing, and wonderful kids in this class of about 400+ kids.


I just hope I made some sort of positive impression on them, and if anything, hoped they at least learned and will use one thing I taught them. Unfortunately, I think they mostly will remember the slang I taught them. They loved to yell down the hallways "Hey shorty, what's up!?", "Check out my bling-bling!" and "I'm a chocoholic!"

http://parkhowell.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bling.jpg
Congratulations to these kids, they work so hard (mostly in other classes).I wish them the best in high school.

(They'll need it with all their parents' expectations to get into the best universities).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counters